RetailersA unique opportunity!
Tap into the phenomenal growth in the success and popularity of rugby in the last five years.
Rugby is one of the most watched and participated sports in the UK. 38 % of the UK population actively follow Rugby1. 24%of the UK population are AB socio-economic grouping of that number 54% (8m) actively follow Rugby1. The RFU has over 2.5 million members at 2,000 clubs including 500,000 juniors2.
Audiences for rugby continue to grow. Super Saturday, the climax of the RBS 6 Nations Championship in 2014, recorded online viewing figures which exceeded the most watched day of the 2012 London Olympics3. Rugby World Cup 2015, hosted by England was the biggest and best ever tournament with 2,474,584 match attendance across the 6 weeks and more than 1 million attending fanzones4.
In 2016 England Rugby won the RBS 6 Nations with a grand slam, the first since 2003 and followed this up with a historic 3-0 series victory against Australia down under.
Retailing official licensed product is Good For Rugby. A message to customers buying this product. Proceeds from your purchase helps to fund rugby at every level, from the 8 year olds aspiring to play for England in 2027, to the coaches working in our communities. englandrugby.com/GoodForRugby
A few England Rugby highlights:
Rugby World Cup – Winners 2003, runners up 1992 & 2007
RBS 6 Nations – 6 championships inc 4 Triple Crowns and 2 Grand Slams (13 grand slams in total)
U20 Championship – Winners 2013,2014 & 2016, runners up 4 times
Rugby World Cup Women’s – Winners 1994 & 2014, runners up 4 times
1. MasterCard Six Nations Championship Rugby Report | 2. RFU Annual Report 2014 | 3. BBC | 4. RugbyWorldCup.com
Rugby in England is undoubtedly a popular and successful sport. Consumers will want their own part of this story. The Rugby Ball Light offers them an opportunity to share in the success in a fun and unique way.
- A leading professional and recreational team sport in England
- Adult followers and lovers of the sport equal to 38% of the UK population
- Rugby World Cup 2015 matches were the most viewed programmes of the year in England (and France)
- In 2016 England won a first Grand Slam for 13 years and followed this up by beating RWC runners up Australia 3-0 in the summer
- The Sevens game is undergoing massive growth with GB Sevens winning Olympic silver medal in 2016
- The womens’ and girls’ game has doubled in size since 2014
- England women are the current world champions. The GB team finished fourth in Olympics
- Wheelchair rugby was hugely popular in 2012 Olympics and 2014 Invictus Games
- Grassroots rugby is booming in England with 400 new schools introducing the game recently with a target of 750 by 2019
- Coaching and refereeing is booming with 2,000 recruits
Contact us to find out about stocking the Rugby Ball Light in your store.
- Parents of rugby supporters – gifting & home furnishing
- 18-50 Males AB – reward gifting
- 30-50 Wives/partners – gifting
- Children of rugby supporters – parental gifting
- Club premises managers – decor
- Pub & Bar managers – decor
- Official RFU licensed product
- Exact replica of the Gilbert ball used by elite rugby payers
- CE Marked
- Energy efficient lamp only
- Usable as desk, bedside lamp or night light
- Manufactured in China by a factory which complies with the RFUs’ strict ‘fair labour practices’
- Our supplier already produces lights for leading UK retailers
- Great shelf presence in store